More to come soon.
If you wish, feel free to choose one Divine Manipulation, any of which provide a benefit as well as a detriment. List it under Features & Traits in your character sheet.
But beware: choosing one of these Divine Manipulations will create an enternal bond between you and that deity. Other deities are also keenly aware of this bond and may treat you differently depending on their relationship with your divine manipulator.
Child of Melora¶
At your birth, Melora imbued your spirit with a strong connection to the natural world.
Child of Nature. You get a +1 to Nature (INT) skill checks and have Advantage on Nature skill checks while in the wilderness.
Moral Grasp. Before making any unprovoked attack against a Beast or Plant that does not pose a threat, make a DC 10 INT saving throw to see if your morals will let you.
While he's a stranger to you, the Bhreia's Brother's influence is strong while you're visible to him; and he's always watching.
Watchful Eye. (Darkvision) You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. However, you only have this ability while you retain visiblity to the sky. Once you can no longer see the sun or a moon, it takes five minutes for your darkvision to wear off.
Unwatched Sanity. If you can't see the brother's eyes, that also means he can't see you. You take disadvantage on Wisdom saving throws while the sun or a moon are not visible to you.
Some time during your life, you've produced a performance so beautiful that Cauda himself was moved to tears of joy. He decided to suffuse your soul into the divine harmony that binds him and his followers.
Harmonious Performance. You get a +1 to Performance (CHA) skill checks and have Advantage on Performance skill checks in front of crowds of 10 or more people.
Histrionic Commandment. You must perform to a crowd of 5 or more at least once per day or become depressed and suffer 1 psychic damage per day until the performance is made.
Your skills in sending spirits to Dhoutr's realm have not gone unnoticed. The dark one's focus is upon you.
Soul Harvester. After having given the final blows during combat to at least two creatures within a 24-hour period, Dhoutr encourages you to send him more souls by giving your a +1 bonus to Attack and Damage rolls for 12 hours.
Champion of Carnage. If Soul Harvester is activated two days in a row, your next long rest will require a DC 13 WIS saving throw or your soul will spend the entirety of the rest in Dhoutr's realm. Here you are celebrated as a champion of carnage for the duration of the rest, will not receive its benefits, and gain a level of Exhaustion.
Savior of Souls¶
At some point in your past, your life was saved from certain death. Primani wants to ensure that you no longer squander the soul they have graciously provided to you.
Death Defier. You have advantage on Death Saving throws.
Life Preserver. Unless the survival of your opponent presents a grave threat (use your judgment), you must use or encourage in others non-lethal damage whenever possible. If this commandment is not observed, Primani may punish you by taking away Death Defier or reversing its effect.
Whether through previous or current employment, the Aldarion Unlimited company has trained you well in the craft of exploration. You're a proficient sailor, navigator, and know how to mould the spirit of the native in your favor.
Skill Proficiencies: Intimidation, Persuasion
Tool Proficiencies: Navigator's Tools, vehicles (water)
Languages: Two of your choice
Equipment: The seal of the Aldarion company man, a compass, a swagger stick, a small pouch filled with small mirrors and beads, a bottle of port.
Feature: Company Man¶
Because of your employment with Aldarion Unlimited, you may secure favor from its employees. If still employed, you may travel freely aboard its vehicles and if not, at a significant discount if you're able to show your seal.
d8 Personality Trait
- I love nothing more than teaching civility to those beneath me.
- I constantly worry about the treatment of the native population by my company.
- My company's aggressive expansion the sole purpose of my life.
- No argument is big enough that my blade can't overcome it.
- I've grown worried about how the company's been operating lately.
- Morals mean little to those like me, working on the edge of civilization.
- After my last expedition, I sincerely considered retiring.
- I'm a good ambassador for my company and natives love me.
- Independence. If I benefit, the company benefits too.
- Leadership. Listen, I give the orders around here.
- Avarice. A little gold goes a long way with me.
- Idealism. The company is a force of good, and therefore so am I.
- Ambition. One day I'll run this company.
- Indoctrination. The expansion of civilization must continue regardless of resistance.
- The company's interests come first, no matter what.
- I fell in love with someone in a place that we've explored.
- I'm sending all of my earnings to my impoverished family.
- It's my duty to make myself as rich as possible.
- My peers are my life.
- It's my duty to spread civilization across the world.
- I tend to go too far with my use of force.
- Local customs are too difficult to learn; they should learn mine.
- Secretly, I wish I could live as free as the uncivilized.
- I'll try any local drug or drink at least once.
- Daydreaming is the only way I can escape the drudgery.
- I'm very uncomfortable trying the local cuisine.
Variant: Corporate Spy¶
You've joined the Aldarion Unlimited company, but under false pretenses. Your actual employer is collecting information about the inner workings of the company through you.
If you choose this variant, you may choose any of the perks, but must communicate back to your company occasionally and prevent being detected.